For more information on animal aromatherapy, BDB highly recommends consulting with your veterinarian/holistic therapist and doing your own independent research. Please contact BDB for more information on where to begin your independent research.
* Oils are flammable, do not store oils near excessive heat, fire or flames.
* Keep out of reach of children and pets.
* Do not use yourself if you are pregnant, nursing or under GP care before consulting with your GP (to administer the oil to your dog you will need to touch the oil).
* Do not use on puppies and discuss with your veterinarian before beginning an essential oil regime on a young dog.
* Do not use on pregnant or nursing dogs.
* Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears & sensitive areas.
* Keep essential oils out of direct sunlight and store in a cool, dark location.
* Essential oils DO NOT replace conventional medicine.
* Not all essential oils are safe for dogs and if not used correctly could cause harm (BDB recommends doing independent research to be absolutely certain the oils you have chosen are safe for your dog).
If you are new to essential oils, or your dog is under the care of a veterinarian for an existing condition, BDB recommends consulting with your veterinarian before applying essential oils to your dog.
DO NOT USE ESSENTIAL OILS ON YOUR DOG IF THEY ARE SHOWING SIGNS OF AN UN-DIAGNOSED CONDITION AND SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION FROM YOUR VETERINARIAN IMMEDIATELY.
The information written on the BDB website is a guideline only and not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
The Doggo Calm & Relax essential oil blend is a wonderful combination of two very well known natural relaxers in Lavender Lavandula angustifolia and cedarwood Juniperus virginiana.
Lavender: Perhaps, the most common of all essential oils. It can be used in many animal blends. It is often used for first aid purposes because of its healing properties. Lavender is widely known as a calming essential oil due to its effect on the central nervous system.
Cedarwood: Pairing Cedarwood with Lavender kicks up the calming effects. as Cedarwood is also a natural calmer.
This essential oil blend is the perfect combination for dogs who are in need of some relaxation and calm time. May also help the nervous dog in times of stressful situations eg car rides, storms, fireworks etc.
Helen administers the Doggo Happy Joints essential oil blend (Copaiba Copaifera officinalis, C. reticulata, C. coriacea, C. langsdorffii and Frankincense Boswellia frereana, Boswellia carteri, Boswellia sacra) to Brown Dog nightly as she suffers from joint pain being a senior and has a nervous temperament. While it is ok for dogs to lick their fur after a Copaiba and Frankincense application, if you have doubts or concerns it is best to only administer down the spine where they are less likely to be able to lick.
Copaiba: Copaiba is an anti-inflammatory essential oil and therefore perfect for sore joints in dogs, it has the added benefit of also being a natural calmer.
Frankincense: Is also an anti-inflammatory essential oil and Franckincense and Copaiba compliment one another beautifully. (more information coming soon).