For more information on animal aromatherapy, BDB highly recommends consulting with your veterinarian/holistic therapist and doing your own independent research. Please contact BDB for more information on where to begin your independent research.
* Oils are flammable, do not store oils near excessive heat, fire or flames.
* Keep out of reach of children and pets.
* Do not use yourself if you are pregnant, nursing or under GP care before consulting with your GP (to administer the oil to your dog you will need to touch the oil).
* Do not use on puppies and discuss with your veterinarian before beginning an essential oil regime on a young dog.
* Do not use on pregnant or nursing dogs.
* Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears & sensitive areas.
* Keep essential oils out of direct sunlight and store in a cool, dark location.
* Essential oils DO NOT replace conventional medicine.
* Not all essential oils are safe for dogs and if not used correctly could cause harm (BDB recommends doing independent research to be absolutely certain the oils you have chosen are safe for your dog).
If you are new to essential oils, or your dog is under the care of a veterinarian for an existing condition, BDB recommends consulting with your veterinarian before applying essential oils to your dog.
DO NOT USE ESSENTIAL OILS ON YOUR DOG IF THEY ARE SHOWING SIGNS OF AN UN-DIAGNOSED CONDITION AND SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION FROM YOUR VETERINARIAN IMMEDIATELY.
The information written on the BDB website is a guideline only and not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.